X-MAS ENERGY BITES
Want a delicious & nutritious treat this festive season?
Then these are your girls!
Gluten free, dairy free, vegan, refined sugar free and nut free (*use the alternative). Easy to whip up in no time at all or let the kids get creative.
Try not to eat them all in one go!
1 C pitted dates
1/3 C raw cashews or sunflower seeds*
1/3 C raw almonds or pepita seeds*
4 Tbs chia seeds
2 Tbs shredded coconut (extra for rolling)
½ tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1. If the dates are hard, then cover them with boiling water and allow to soften for 5-10 minutes.
2. Place chia seeds, almonds and cashews (or the sunflower and pepita seeds for a nut free option) into your food processor/blender and process into a chunky finish.
3. Strain the dates, add shredded coconut, vanilla and cinnamon, process until well combined. If you find your mixture is a little dry add a splash of water and process again.
4. Use your hands to roll your mixture into bite size balls and set aside (you can make them as small or big as you`d like).
5. Place your remaining shredded coconut into three small bowls and in bowl one add in a beetroot powder, bowl two add in spirulina, and bowl three leave with just shredded coconut. (For a darker red or green colour add more dried powder). Gently roll some of your little bites to coat.
6. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks (or pop in the freezer)
These make a perfect little gift (or save them all for yourself)!